Monday, August 16, 2010

Mosques in the US

I am starting to get the notion that I am not accepted in my home country, cause of my name, my color, my looks, and my faith. I cannot believe what ignorance and bigotry I have seen played out in the last few months in regards to building mosques in the US. This is not even about a constitutional right for the Islamic Community, this is a right for mankind in this country. Fear mongers have taken advantage of the ignorant populace of this country into leading people to think that second biggest religion in the world will lead to the demise of the US and Christianity. The compulsion of these people who fight to protect what? You are robbing your fellow citizens of the freedom and liberty that you say you protect. Do you forget that Muslims in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan are fighting alongside to defeat Al-Qaeda. They are giving their intelligence to US Armed Forces to help fight a common enemy in Fundamentalist and Extremist. Even though for decades their families and ancestors have died from US executed and funded attacks. The Tea Party are not patriots. They are ignorant uneducated propagandist that are spreading their idiocracy like a plague. Do not forget your fellow country men who are Muslim, that constantly have to protect their integrity and their security from the racism and hatred that lurks around. I commend President Obama for showing intellect and tolerance. His wisdom and compassion might cost him his bid for reelection. But he has set an example. A man of color can stand up and lead a nation and fully exemplify humanity for his country knowing the repercussions, that makes me proud to be an American.

P.S. Obama, you're LA today, Holla atcha boi!

No comments: